Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is it already 2009?

New Years Eve is tonight. Time to say goodbye to 2008 and welcome in 2009. I really started celebrating NYE in 1999-2000. I was a senior in high school and we had fun. Maybe too much fun. 00-01 I had mono and was so sick but still had a good time with my friends. 01-02 we had a party at my boyfriend's house (he later became my husband) and we had fireworks!!! 03, 04, 05 & 06 were spent at a variety of parties and places including a roof in Baltimore watching the professional fireworks over the harbor. We welcomed 2007 in Rome. Ah, I miss Rome. We welcomed in 2008 as newlyweds with a kick ass party with family and friends.

So there are turning points in every one's life. And I think this NYE might be a big one for me. I am no longer the person I was 2000-2008. I was young, in college having fun with nothing to really worry about. Now I have a baby growing inside of me. No drinking. No hard core partying, just a nice party chatting and laughing with friends. I have to be a different person. I am now a mommy. I am someones mom!!!! I'm going to miss those NYE and one day my daughter might hear bits and pieces of some stories.

Don't get me wrong, I would not exchange my life for anything. I am looking forward to having a baby in 2009 and being a mommy. However, part of me has to morn the past. I will never have those years back. Sad.

Being a parent is something new and begins a new chapter in my life. Weird. I'm growing up more. I guess its true: you never stop growing and learning. My little girl will one day be a woman and hopefully I will be blessed to see her grow and go through different chapters of her own life. I think this entry was all over the place, but right now I am all all over the place. NYE is always exciting and fun but its also scary as we enter the unknown. This year is really uncertain since I have never been a parent before and I have no idea what to do with an infant. Hopefully 2009 will bring more confidence for the future!

No comments: