Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's been awhile...

I know! I am a bad blogger. The entire month of November was forgotten and half of December. Heck! It's almost Christmas and my last entry was on Halloween. I have no real excuses for my laziness. Here is my attempt at an explanation:
  • 7th graders are tiring!
  • Finishing my first John Hopkins post-graduate class
  • Had a severe case of bronchitis during Thanksgiving break
  • Magnet applicants for next year's 6th grade class
  • First time our 7th graders took an online technology assessment for the state of Maryland= 10th circle of hell
  • Getting fatter by the hour is also very tiring
  • Needing to eat every 2 hours
  • Needing to pee every 2 hours

See I told you no real excuse. I have had 2 OB appointments since Halloween. One was the BIG ultrasound on November 4th where we found out we are going to have a girl! Well, you could have pushed me over with a feather. I was CONVINCED it was a boy. I really thought I was carrying a boy. I had to ask the technician about 3 times if she was sure. After the shock wore off & my mom gave me the little pink & white dress, I came home from the hospital in... I was hooked. OUR daughter is growing inside me. We are going to have a little girl and I couldn't be more excited. I am going to fight the pink battle though. It can be hard. Those little pink clothes are just divine!! But our daughter will not be forced all things pink. Her room will be a purply/gray with Baby Snoopy (in memory of my beagle!). I love the blue/green/purple/yellow combination of the crib set.

Even more awesome then learning about her sex, Nels and I got to see how perfect she is! During the ultrasound we saw the four chambers to her heart and see that her heart was working exactly as it should be. We actually saw the blue/red flowing through her little heart and the valves opening/closing. We saw her absolutely perfect spine & stomach & kidneys & hands & feet! Her head and her lungs & practically everything. Amazing does not describe what it was like to see all of that! And we found found out that our baby girl has no "markers," meaning NO concerns or red flags for potential problems. SHE REALLY IS PERFECT!!!

I am worried about my OB appointment right after Christmas where I will be tested for gestational diabetes. I am nervous since everything is going along so well. I really can't complain about much. I still run around, not quite as fast. I was really sick around Thanksgiving with bronchitis but as for the baby & being pregnant, I am not too worse for the wear. I am becoming increasingly concerned that my belly button will pop out. I am working on accepting the fact that it probably will and I will have to deal with it.

Christmas is less than a week and it's exciting but Christmas also marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester!!! Hooray! Only another 3 months until we meet our little girl!!!

I will update before 6 weeks this time... I promise.

No comments: