Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Linus

It started off innocently enough. A blanket from the thrift store, Amy Coe pink patchwork with brown butterflies. It was thicker than other blankets so we put it in your crib to keep you warm at night.

I don't know the moment I realized the corners were filthy and damp from your chewing and sucking. Now the blanket leaves your room and comes all over the house, in the car sometimes on long rides. Peek-a-boo with the blanket is always a side splitter. You suck on it while we read books and you cuddle with it when putting you down for the night. You sleep with it every. single. night. I think an attachment has been made. But in fairness you have also attached yourself to our pets, Brandy, Stan and Lazer so it isn't much different, right?

My very own Linus to love and snuggle.

No comments: