Monday, March 25, 2013

Then She Turned 4

Oh my love. Today at 3:59pm, you turned 4 years old. 4 years you have blessed our family. 4 years seems like such a long time yet so short. 4 years. 4 years. I can't believe it. 4 years. 

You had a huge (bigger than I imagined) party yesterday but all weekend we were both under the weather. Today was a snow day! First time ever there has even been snow on the ground on your birthday, let alone a storm on your birthday. It was weird. We had spring toys out to play with in the snow. Great Grandma Judy got to go to your birthday party as she is out here visiting. Perfect timing. 

Today you had a fever. You were cranky and tired from the weekend festivities. In fact, your father tried his hardest to get you to go out to dinner or go for some ice cream and you wouldn't get off the couch. You slept, you whined, you were miserable. On your birthday. But it is only a day and we can stuff ourselves with left over cake (omg the cake was insane!) and ice cream. Another day we can play and dance and celebrate you. Tonight though, as your father and sister and Mary went with the Wagmans to a soft opening of a friend's restaurant, I got to stay home with you. And remember. To remember 4 years ago when I met you. When I held you and comforted you.Tonight I was able to hold my baby again, to comfort you, to take care of you. Our time together is not usually spent like this. Is it bad I treasured it? I enjoyed it even. On the night of the anniversary of your birth, I get to hold you again as you nuzzle in under my chin, just as you did, not so long ago. 

What an adventure it's been my Nora. I can't wait to play and see what a wonderful young girl you are maturing into. But tonight? I will cherish my role as your mother and  know how blessed I am I get to hold you and love you for another night. 




You don't look too miserable. I'm just a really good photographer!


 

It's a count down: 

3!
2!
1!

The night of March 25, 2009 

I will update about the massive party and all the fun new toys and experiences we have been blessed with. 

No comments: