Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Surviving

Going back to work has been a whirlwind of activity. Early mornings and late afternoons. Dinners and playing in the yard. You and Lu are doing well being full time in daycare. You both seem to gravitate toward the routine. Lucy is so busy and blossoming everyday. 

Nonna came to help with the consignment sale this past weekend, I was a co-chair. The sale was insane and crazy busy and oh! our aching feet. Daddy worked his butt off and so did Nonna. It was long days and stressful situations. You and Lucy were running around for most of the sale being passed from person to person, whoever was on break. Thank the Lord this weekend is consignment sale free and we can rest. Do a little birthday celebrating and just be together as a family.

So far, mornings are hectic but I love the job. I love the commute. I love the faculty. I'm glad I took the plunge and jumped back into working. But still, during the school day I go and I watch the pre-k class and think longingly of you and your sister. Of lost storytimes and picnics in the park. Afternoon naps and snuggles on the couch. I sure miss all of it.

God, I hope this is the right decision for us. There is nothing more important in my life than you and Daddy and Lucy Lu and that all three of you are happy and healthy. Nora, you like to say grace at dinner time. Tonight you said: "Dear Lord, thank you for salad and thank you for dressing. Thank you for spaghetti and bread and for Daddy and Mommy and Lucy. And thank you for cheese balls."  Since your father and I are working full time, we have become somewhat lax on the snack situation.... but after a long stressful day, I am thankful for the cheese balls too.


Sweet sisters. And among the invasion of black-eyed susans, Brandy's rose still blooms over Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy's first time enjoying a moon bounce while walking. At the twin's 2nd birthday.

Maybe they are related?

Lucy's first day at Ms. Patti. I love both expressions.

Playing after daycare and work. Poor Stan misses you girls too.
My goal is to post one more time before September starts. I know there are only 2 days left. Afterall those are the days to celebrate Nonna and me, entering this world 30 years a part.

No comments: