Monday, February 27, 2012

Charmer

So Lucy is coming into her own. Figuring things out day by day. Just yesterday, she finally took a pacifier as a soothing tool. After thousands of hours of crying now she decides to use one. She also has been teething like crazy and after a month of symptoms we have two buds. Not teeth, just white bumps on her gums that will soon be teeth. 4 weeks of misery for buds? Hopefully the teeth will appear soon.

You and her now play purposefully play together. This morning I was awoken at 7:30am by a squealing Lucy who was getting excited by your reading stories to her. Lucy clearly knows what she is doing. She started waving hello and goodbye. She becomes so thrilled with herself her whole body tenses and wiggles and her legs kick furiously and her face scrunches up in a stinky face. Then. She snorts. It's priceless. We all get her going so she will snort for us.

Oh Lucy how we have all fallen under your spell. At first we all loved you because you were helpless and needed our affection. Now we have fallen in love because of your personality. You have become quite the charmer. Jaw wink and all (see picture of cookie eating).







In tragic news, in a moment of exasperation, I cut Lu's hair. Never again. It looks horrible. I gave my child a bowl cut. I was not thinking clearly and just did it by myself while she was crawling around. Ugh. I am trying to get a good picture of the mess I made for posterity sake. But mark my word, I will never ever cut my child's hair again. I will pony up the $20 for a professional.

And my whole "two posts a week" thing never really panned out. Maybe, if I post for the next two days, I can make some ground in February. Next month someone turns three.... oh dear.

No comments: