Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31st

How is it already New Years Eve? What happened to 2011? Christmas was exhausting. Or it could have been the three day trip to NYC after Christmas or the 5 parties or trying to celebrate your father and I's 4th wedding anniversary in there somewhere. Sigh. I try to keep up but then life just gets in the way. Oh and throw in someone in our family being sick for the entire month of December and here we are. 2012 is upon us. I haven't really thought much about 2012. 2011= preparing and dealing with Lu. 2013 is when I will begin planning to return to work. But 2012, I have no idea. As for right now, it will be the only year I will go without a "real" paycheck. My paycheck will be in hugs and snuggles. Gag me.

I think I will remember 2011 as the year of THE LU. Because Lucy is ALL consuming right now. God love you Nora, you are so very independent. You always have been. You learned to crawl at 4.5mo and that was it. Goodbye, mom. This one? Lucy? She is a clinging ball of terror. I can't handle her and her clingy-ness. For everyone else she is a doll. Figuratively and literally. For me? An absolute terror. Lucy played by herself for almost an hour today in your father's care. I enter the room and make one small peep. Her head POPS up from her quiet time play and immediately you can see the lower lip quiver. The arms go up and the screaming begins. If I am in the room, I HAVE to be touching her in some way or she will have a complete, utter breakdown. On some level, I am amused by her fondness for me. But mostly I am just really annoyed. Super annoyed that I cannot accomplish anything without this lump attached to me in some way. Or I just have to deal with her screaming. I can't deal with the screaming. She loves to nurse. She loves to grab me and my boobs. I have cuts all over my boobs from her grabby hands. I am being abused by my 5 mo old daughter.

OH I didn't know how well I had it with you as a baby. I always wanted a BABY not some freak-of-nature-super-advanced kid who never needed me. Now I have this crazy-sensitive, OVERLY needy baby who only wants me. Who needs to be constantly comforted by me. Who is always looking for attention. Sigh. The grass is always greener...

I could do a picture montage of the year, but I am lazy. Lazy, running out of time, coughing up a lung and my boobs are killing me from a certain someone pinching me. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining while ending the year since our family has been so blessed but I'm just not in the mood. Here's to a great 2012! We shall ring in the new year with what else?!? PICTURES!!!

From NJ's Liberty State Park: see the new world trade center? Right next to Daddy's head! Not complete yet!

At Ellis Island finding my great-grandma Concetta Ricci Marcotrigianio (your great-great grandma)

From Ellis Island right next to great-grandma's name. Her name has a good view!

Cafe Roma in Little Italy


NY Pretzel

Good morning NY!

Teddy's morning smile

Nora Christmas morning

great-grandkids with great-aunt Lucy.
 
Aunt Molly and Clare with Teddy and the Lu.

Central Park Rest

Central Park Zoo with Aunt Molly
 
Swinging in Central Park

Climbing the rocks in Central Park with Nonni

Nora, you were a better climber than me
 
Playing with i-pods Christmas morning

Obession with play nativity set

We love playing doctor- thanks to Marta!

Loved watching NY traffic

View from the club level at the hotel. We travel in style with Aunt Katie and Uncle Kevin!
2011 is the year where I gave you the world's most precious and yet at the same time, most annoying gift: a sister to share your life's adventures with!

Your welcome.


No comments: