Monday, December 12, 2011

Crashing

December hit and it has been a slippery slope of disaster. It started on the 1st when Brandy went to heaven. It was hard. Hard on you and Daddy and Stan. Lucy and I are holding up well. Daddy is very sad, you are confused and Stan is just plain lonely. Yesterday, you asked me if we were going to see Brandy in church. I think I followed your reasoning: Brandy went to heaven to live with Jesus, church is where Jesus lives. It's somewhat interesting watching you deal with death from a being who lived full time with us. Stan sleeps with you every night now. I think it's a comfort to him and you.

Lucy spiked a fever. Low grade. She kept tugging at her ear and had this dry cough. I decided to take her to the doctor. I dragged you along even though you had no fever, your throat was swollen and had a wet cough but no ear complaints / tugging. You both get checked out by the doctor and you BOTH have right ear infections. How is that possible?!?! I asked, completely baffled. They have opposite symptoms! Apparently ear infections can present differently. Alrighty... now you both are on antibiotics twice a day. Add to that Daddy's case of bronchitis with a severe sinus infection and wa-la we have three-fourths of the family on medication.

Then if being sick / loosing the dog isn't bad enough we wake up on Friday with NO HEAT! NO HEAT! IN THE HOUSE! Suffice to say we got the wood stove roaring and after having the repair man here... it's still broken! We are waiting on a motor or some part to make it work again. So we are confined to the living room with the wood stove or the bedroom with a room heater. GREAT! With three sick people. Makes me sick in the head.

Not to complain but then you and Lucy are not able to take a decent Christmas photo together. Do you know how frustrating it is trying to get an infant and toddler to pose together for 5 minutes? I just about lost my mind yesterday and I didn't get "the one." Heck, I didn't even get one in focus where both of you are looking in the same direction. And Lucy's hair is more crazy than usual. I think a haircut is somewhere in her near future even if it breaks my heart. OH WELL! It could be worse... I could be trying to do this photo shoot with sick kids and no heat... oh wait....

Ok, ok, OK! Even with the train wreck December has been, I am very excited for Christmas and so are you and Lu. We have seen Santa twice. Once at the church Christmas Bazaar and once at Daddy's work event on Saturday. Each time you are very particular and will only hold Santa's hand. You will under no circumstances sit on Santa's lap. You are obsessed with candy canes and absolutely love Christmas lights. So does Lucy. I think this Christmas is going be fun with the two of you. And it already has been!

Nothing can change the love I have for you and your sister. Sick or not, heat or freezing, or missing a part of our family. There are so many worse things that could happen to us. I am grateful that Brandy is no longer in pain, our heat will be fixed and our good health will return. Now if I could only capture that perfect picture....









No comments: