Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bathtime ABCs

Today is the Ides of March. Did you know I took 3 years of Latin in high school? That class is why I fell in love with Rome and would lead to your father and I traveling there in December of 2006, where we would get engaged.

When we went to Rome, we spent alot of time at the Roman forum where Julius Caesar was killed and buried. I love all the stories that encompass the Eternal City and the empire that ruled the world. Latin class was also one of the reason I wanted to major in History in college. I was always intrigued with how world history is all connected and really one big chain of cause and effect events.

My hope for you is that one day a class or subject will inspire you learn and explore your world just as Latin did for me.

But for now, we have to work on those ABCs of yours.



2 comments:

Kaethe said...

My favorite things about this video:

1. Nora
2. The dialogue between you and Nels which sounds deeply familiar. :)
3. Nora

What a whiz kid she is! I think we may have to do a cousins bath in the hotel. I'll bring some toys! :)

Reidun said...

Dear Nora Bean,

You are the most entertaining and wonderful little girl ever. Will you come visit me?

Love,
Auntie Reidun